Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Introduction

I suppose my first blog should have been an introduction. So here it goes, my name is Jeffrey "Bear" Hoover, I graduated college from Northwest Missouri State University with a degree in Mass Communications and a comprehensive minor in Coaching. You might ask "Bear" what is that about, and really I can only tell you that I got that nickname in the Navy in advanced training school I attended. I got the nickname from two friends and they never would tell me the reason why they called me "Bear", but it stuck and now I kinda like the nickname.

After college, I decided that I didn't want anything to do with the industry that I had just gone to school and got a degree in mainly because for many years most starve. As you can tell from my picture I like to eat, but I am working hard to try to change that look and style of life. So I went into sells for many years and it wasn't until we moved back to Iowa and my family and I started attending a local Church, First Church of Christ that I got back into video and video editing. Which I have now been doing for the past 5 years. Oh yeah, thanks Gilbert and Millie for inviting us to Church.

I currently own my own company (trying to get it off the ground) "Bear Production Company", Substitute Teach, and Coach HS Football. Currently I am trying to recuperate from an auto accident my wife and I were in in December. I had shoulder surgery to repair my Librium, and I might have to have a back surgery? Some days it seems as all my wife and I get done is go to Doctors, Chiropractor, and Physical Therapy. So right now really not able to work which stinks and I am blogging using one arm, had to do something to keep me sane.

I started off editing for the Church using Adobe Premiere Elements, with what I remembered from college and tricks I picked up from watching a few tutorials I soon had many people say, that our video was the best on the local cable access channel. I then got a computer specifically for editing, and now I use Adobe Masterpiece Collection CS4, for editing I use Premiere Pro CS4, Encore CS4, & Soundbooth Cs4. I really enjoy what I do, I am working on a couple of projects that I am going to try and get on Iowa Public TV. I want to try and get certified as an Adobe expert for my region or at least for Iowa. I also want to try and make Family Friendly feature length movies, Faith Based, and Documentaries.

I would love to have a Mac system but I just don't right now have the $22,000 necessary to buy the system that I want, till that day I think I will stay with the PC. I would like to hear from people letting me know what they prefer and why?

So I am married and have two step-kids who I dearly love, I love my "Lord" and if that turns you off that is OK. My values tend to be Conservative but I am open minded and will listen to all sides of issues unless all you can talk about are the current talking points put out by one side or the other, for this I have no patients. I recycle and I believe everyone should recycle and I plan to devote a blog to recycling.

My favorite directors are, John Ford, and Clint Eastwood I suppose because of the way they told a story in their movies. I am a huge John Wayne fan to the demise of my wife and daughter. Although, I did get my daughter to watch and enjoy when she was younger McLintock. TV shows that I like to watch currently are; Under Cover Boss, Chuck, 24, Castle, NCIS, Biggest Loser, The Good Wife (don't tell my wife), Scrubs, Criminal Minds, Survivor, Kitchen Nightmares, Cooking shows (Food Network & Create Channel (PBS)), The Mentalist, Numbers, The Bonnie Hunt Show (I hope it is saved), COPS, Extreme Makeover, Law and Order (SVU) actually I like all of the shows from that series, so as you can see my taste is all over the place and I like a lot of different style of shows. Shows that I think networks made mistakes on taking them off the air are; Unit, and Eli Stone. I am a huge fan of Netflix and Christian Cinema.com

I hope to hear from you all soon until then I will keep blogging.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeff! Glad to read your blog! I will save it as a favorite and pass it along! Love ya!
    -Laela

    ReplyDelete