Thursday, March 18, 2010

New DVD releases.4


Today I am going to review two of the newest animated release out to DVD as of this past Tuesday. One I really enjoyed the other was Okay.

First I will review AstroBoy, I gave this movie a partial Thumbs up or 3 stars. For me the story was slow. I think AstroBoy will be very popular with young boys. Although I felt the subject matter a little deep and political. The cast of voices in the movie do a great job I guess this just was not my type of movie.

The next movie I reviewed was, "The Princess and the Frog" wow what a difference in movies. I gave this movie two Thumbs up or 5 stars. To tell you the truth I was not looking forward to watching this movie, I guess I was not sure that Disney could top or even compete with some of their other Princess movies, but I am here to tell you not only do they compete but I think this movie is as good if not better that the old stand-by traditional Princess movies. Disney also decided to go back to traditional animations and yes they actually drew this film by hand, Bravo Disney.

To me some of the funniest scenes in the movie are the Cajun Creole animals in the movie once the two main characters were turned into frogs. I have not seen a movie in a while that shows New Orleans flavor and does the city justice more that this movie. I think this is a much watch and the entire family will enjoy watching, "The Princess and the Frog" together, and isn't this what movies are for the whole family being able to enjoy together.

Enjoy watching movies as much as my wife and I enjoy watching movies, listen to the critics and then make up your own mind. From, Bear Production Company, we will see you at my next review or blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment