Friday, March 19, 2010

New DVD releases.5

Today I am going to review a coming of age movie with a Rock & Roll twist, "Bandslam." I gave this movie a two Thumbs up or 5 star rating. If you liked the movie, "That thing you Do!" then you will love "Bandslam."

I think one of the reasons I loved this movie is because of the quality and the care the director put into making the music the story and the characters part of that story. All the characters in the movie actually preformed the parts and played the instruments that they played in the movie. The director said in an interview, "I hired musicians that could act." Todd Graff wrote and directed "Bandslam."

The cast in the movie are:Alyson Michalka, Gaelan Connell, Vanessa Hudgens, Lisa Kudrow, Charlie Saxton, Tim Jo, Scott Porter, Ryan Donowho, Elvy Yost, Lisa Chung (links to Netflix and other movies the cast has stared in.) I really liked the part played by Gaelan Connell and he reminds me of a young Tom Hanks, John Cusack or Anthony Michael Hall leading men now that played dorks, geeks, nerds, whatever when they were kid actors, I think keep an eye on him in the future. The parts played by both of the lead actresses Charlotte (Alyson Michalka) and Sa5m (Vanessa Hudgens) were done extremely well.

What can I say, I enjoyed the movie when my wife and I watched in the theatre and we loved it when we watched it at home. The initial reason we watched the movie the first time is our teenage daughter, the reason to watch a second time is the music. I say do yourself a favor and give this movie a try you might find that you really like the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment